GOAL OF THE PROGRAM
To provide an avenue for athletic training students to actively support the NATA Foundation while engaging with other schools in a friendly competition.
HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM
The AT Student Challenge was established in 2005 between Boston University and Sacred Heart University. Over the last eleven years, 50 schools have participated and raised over $80,000 to support the NATA Foundation.
The NATA Foundation was incorporated in 1991; established and funded with grants from NATA and Johnson & Johnson. During these past 25 years, the NATA Foundation has awarded more than 260 research grants totaling more than $4 million dollars and awarded almost $3 million to 1,490 students through our scholarship program. Additionally, almost 5,000 presentations (oral and poster) have been provided through the Free Communications program.
The NATA Foundation supports athletic training education by creating building blocks, position statements and other educational resources; recognizing outstanding researchers and educators with the Distinguished Educator Award and other honors of achievement; and awarding over $250,000 annually in grants and scholarships to students and researchers who will transform the future of the profession.
Your participation will educate your students about how the NATA Foundation supports them and helps to develop them as leaders in the profession, as well as bringing in needed funds for your own program and others.
Each school that participates and fundraises above $500 will have the option to receive a check for 10% of its total contribution for the student organization to use for local programs and activities.
Top Fundraising Team
- Recognition on the NATA Foundation website with a story on the participants
- Recognition in an issue of the NATA News
- Dedicated Facebook and Twitter post through the NATA Foundation
- Recognition at NATA2017 during the Pinky Newell Student Leadership Breakfast
- Four complimentary conference registrations to any state, district, or national athletic training meeting for student members of NATA, not to exceed $500 total for the group (can be used for the student leadership to attend NATA Convention to accept the award, this will be reimbursed)